Pretty soon Minnesota will have more snow than we know what to do with. Let's plan ahead and map out the best places in the Twin Cities to explore in snowshoes.
RootsRated put together a nice list of trails in the Twin Cities to go snowshoeing, and I'm going to trust it's the best list. Snowshoeing is something I haven't done in years and years, so I'll definitely be checking each of these off once the season begins.
1. Theodore Wirth Park - 1301 Theodore Wirth Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55422
2. Fort Snelling State Park - 101 Snelling Lake Road, St. Paul, MN 55111
3. Baker Park Reserve - 2309 Baker Park Road, Maple Plain, MN 55359
4. Mississippi River Gorge Regional Park - W River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55406
5. Afton State Park - 6959 Peller Avenue South, Hastings, MN 55033
6. Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve - 15501 Murphy Lake Blvd, Savage, MN 55378
7. Minnehaha Creek - In particular, the article references the hike between Lake Nokomis to Lake Harriet
8. Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge - 3815 American Blvd E, Bloomington, MN 55425
9. Lebanon Hills Regional Park - 860 Cliff Road, Eagan, MN 55123
10. Carver Park Reserve - 7400 Grimm Road, Waconia, MN 55387
Where are your favorite snowshoeing spots? Tweet me @mollieonair. Looking for the best sledding hills? Check them out here!