Snow (will soon be) upon us, and these are the best hills to hit for quality sledding time.
The hills listed by TripSavvy are either designated sledding spots or the most popular spots (that aren't "designated"). You probably have one or two "hidden" sledding hills that aren't technically sledding hills. If you feel like letting me in on your secret, let me know where your favorite sledding hill is located (if it's not on this list)!
- Columbia Park Golf Course (designated by the City), 800 Columbia Pkwy
- Theodore Wirth Regional Park (designated by the City)
- Matthews Park, 2318 29th Ave. S.
- Powderhorn Park, 3400 15th Ave. S.
- Fuller Park, 4802 Grand Ave. S.
- Lyndale Farmstead Recreation Center, 3900 Bryant Ave. S.
- Beard's Plaisance, 4525 Upton Ave. S.
Saint Paul (all designated by the City)
- Baker Park, 209 W. Page St.
- Battle Creek Recreation Center, 75 S. Winthrop St.
- Highland Park Community Center, 1978 Ford Pkwy
- McMurray Fields, 1155 Jessamine Ave W.
- Arlington/Arkwright Park, 1400 Arkwright St.
- Como Ski Center/Como Golf Course, 1431 N. Lexington Pkwy
- Frogtown Farm & Park, 946 Minnehaha Ave. W.
- Highland Park (behind the water tower), 1400 Highland Pkwy
- McDonough Recreation Center, 1544 Timberlake Rd.
- Merriam Park Recreation Center, 2000 St. Anthony Ave.
- Frost Lake Park, 1518 E. Idaho Ave.
- Griggs Field, 1188 Hubbard Ave.
- Margaret Park, 1109 Margaret St.
- Orchard Field, 875 Orchard Ave.
- Prosperity Park, 1371 Kennard St.
- Minikahda Vista Park, Saint Louis Park
- Oak Hill Park, Saint Louis Park
- Vadnais-Snail Lakes Regional Park, 4191 Snail Lake Blvd, Shoreview 55126
- Manitou Ridge, 3200 McKnight Road N, White Bear Lake 55110
Photo: Getty Images/Ariel Skelley