People say a lot of weird things. These are some of the best (odd) things we overheard in Minneapolis this summer, via Overheard Everywhere.
1. Seventh-grade boy to another: I didn't know Martin Luther King Jr. was black!
2. Biking mom to obviously struggling son: Why are you so weak?
She's taking the BFF approach to parenting.
3. Barista: I totally hate what rehab's done to coffee houses.
Should've said "No, no, no" ...
4. Middle aged female client: You aren't going to find out the sex? How are you going to know what color to pain the nursery or what kind of baby clothes to get?
Pregnant 30-something hair stylist: Oh, please, like it matters what colors I choose. People aren't going to be wondering if it's a girl or a boy, anyway; they're going to wonder if it's an animal or a baby.
Mine's definitely an animal, and I'm not ashamed.
5. Guy: I decided I would do a little social experiment. So I went to the gas station and bought a chocolate muffin and sat down outside the door. Then this guy passed me, so I shoved the muffin in my mouth and started singing "What If God Was One of Us," with little pieces of muffin falling out of my mouth. It was great.
I have no idea what's going on in this photo, either.