Rosedale Center's last attempt at a food hall—Revolution Hall, which was backed by out-of-staters, loaded with forgettable tenants, and staffed by literal robots—lasted just eight months before shuttering in July.
The Roseville mall isn't giving up on thetrendy format, however: On Thursday, plans for Potluck were unveiled. The hard pivot to all things Minnesota is obvious and refreshing, right down to the name.
Set to open this fall, Potluck will feature a rotating cast of local restaurants, beginning with...
- Grand Ole Creamery, the beloved Twin Cities ice cream mini-chain
- Smack Shack, the popular North Loop lobster roll destination
- Nordic Waffles, the buzzy Minnesota State Fair waffle sandwich kioskthat's getting its first retail location
- Burger Dive, the crew that recently brought killer burgers to Northeast dive-bar institution Tony Jaros River Garden will bring a full bar, pull tabs, and meat raffles to Potluck
- Obachan Noodles & Chicken, the new ramen, udon, and soba concept from rockstar St. Paul chef Justin Sutherland
- Chickpea, the (also new) hummus/salad bar that's also brought to you by Sutherland
- Betty & Earl’s, the first Southern-style biscuit venture from Fox 9's Jason Matheson (our 2018Best TV Newsperson) and pastry chef Adrienne Odom