Although I don't condone this behavior, lets face it, Easter has some great potential for April Fools day pranks. So as long as we are in agreement that I don't take the brunt of any of these jokes, here's a few ideas for you to try this weekend..
1. We all love egg hunts right? Well one sure fire way to get the kids to eat their vegetables is to put carrots, broccoli or even peas in eggs instead of chocolate!
2. Or how about those great chocolate eggs we all love that are wrapped in colorful foil? Try replacing the chocolate with a grape and re-wrapping it!
3. Take advantage of the fact that we still have snow on the ground, and hide the eggs on the surface of the snow... obviously this only works if you skip coloring the eggs! It's the perfect camouflage!
4. Does your family enjoy sponge cake? Make a delicious Easter dinner with sponge cake for desert, but of course this one will be made from real sponges!
Okay here's where we start to get mean... so proceed with caution
5. Leave a few easter eggs uncooked, but make sure YOU know which ones they are when it comes time to crack, and enjoy them.
6. Growing up some of my favorite Easter eggs were the ones filled with cash. If the Easter bunny does this for your kids, try Monopoly money instead.
Try these...don't try these, at least you know what to look out for. Happy Easter!