WARNING: New YouTube "Choking Challenge" Causes 11 Year Old's Death

An 11-year-old boy from Colorado has passed away while playing a disgusting YouTube 'choking challenge'.  

Tia Bodkins says her 5th grade son, Carson, went to his bedroom last Thursday to pack for a family trip, but 10 minutes later found him unconscious in his room, and frantically tried to perform CPR.

He was pronounced dead at the Children's Hospital in Elizabeth after doctors said his brain had gone without oxygen for too long.

The family later found out that he died attempting to do a choking challenge where kids on YouTube challenge each other to lose consciousness by passing out.


Here are the warning signs that your child might be doing the choking challenge:

-Headaches

-Bloodshot Eyes

-Finding things like ropes, bungee cords or leashes attached to furniture


Carson's stepfather, Jason Davis, says that as parents 'the responsibility lies on us to go in and make sure they are protected, and sometimes that might be an invasion of their privacy,' he said.

Keri Noble in the Morning

Keri Noble in the Morning

Want to know more about Keri Noble in the Morning? Get her official bio, social pages & articles on Cities 97! Read more

title

Content Goes Here