GLOW Holiday Festival is the new drive-thru holiday light experience coming soon to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. The inaugural must-see seasonal attraction will take place for 46 consecutive nights kicking off on November 19, 2020 and running through January 3, 2021.
The Great Minnesota Holiday Get-Together is a one-mile drive-thru with a dozen seasonal scenes featuring over a million holiday lights, a 100-foot illuminated tree, icicle and art installations, a festive gingerbread house, and other attractions. After the drive-thru experience, guests will have the chance to purchase a selection of Minnesota State Fair food favorites.
Presale tickets are available now with the code HEART. Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, Oct. 22 at 10 a.m. All tickets must be purchased online in advance at GLOWHoliday.com. Entry is timed for every 15 minutes and the drive-thru experience takes approximately 40 minutes.
Highlights of GLOW Holiday Festival will include:
- The Grand Opening – a gigantic illuminated gift box
- GLOW Disco Party – a radiant disco light show
- Charity Flame & Art Park – putting a spotlight on community charities and local artists
- Tinsel Tower – a festive story projected onto a notable Fairgrounds building
- Purple Lane – a Tribute to Prince
- Glitter Critters & Lil’ Farmstead – lighted woodland and farm creatures
- Arctic Circle – featuring 200 icicles and a 100-foot illuminated tree
- Other stops include the Wagon Wheel Stage, Gingerbread House, and Peppermint Tower
- A surprise GLOW finale
- sELFie Plaza – an optional photo opportunity, perfect for holiday photo posing!
- State Fair Food Court – a chance to purchase some of your favorite Fair foods (optional)
A similar event, GLOW – Nashville, was held in Tennessee last year. Longtime Twin Cities event promoter Randy Levy of Rose Presents, purchased GLOW Nashville to bring it home to Minnesota. The move involved 55 semi-trucks of lights, gear and props. GLOW Holiday Festival will incorporate some elements used in Nashville; however Levy and his team are bringing their own touches and localization to the event including Purple Lane, Lil Farmstead, the Wagon Wheel stage, and the GLOW Disco Party.
GLOW Gives Back
Minnesota’s GLOW will not only celebrate Christmas but will honor and celebrate many diverse traditions and cultures of our state’s citizens. GLOW will host several special nights, including Amity Night, Latinx Night, Hanukkah Night, Indigenous Peoples Night, and Kwanzaa Night.
Each night of GLOW benefits a community charity working to better our world during the season of giving. Some of the non-profits that will receive $2 from each ticket on their designated night, include: Second Harvest Heartland, Urban Ventures, Outfront Minnesota, Angel Foundation, Autism Society of Minnesota, Emma Norton Services, National Independent Venue Association, and more.