I believe most, not all but MOST, go to the MN State Fair for the food......well, there isn't going to be a State Fair this year, BUT you can get some cool unique food!!!
Here are all the details.....
Get Your Fair Fix at Midtown Global Market’s
August 27 – September 6
Midtown Global Market will host the “Great Global Get-Together” over days which would have been the 2020 Minnesota State Fair, Thursday, Aug. 27 – Sunday, Sept. 6.
Many Market businesses are also annual Minnesota State Fair vendors such as The Produce Exchange, Manny’s Tortas, as well as rotating restaurants (i.e. Hot Indian) in Taste of Midtown Global Market booth within the Fair’s International Bazaar.
State Fair food favorites on the menu will include Manny’s Tortas photo-worthy piña colada served in a real pineapple and The Produce Exchange’s phenomenally popular grilled peaches. Nearly every restaurant and store in the Market will participate in the Great Global Get-Together by offering discounts or fair fare. Here is a sampling of tasty treats, beverages, products, and services that will be offered.*
Foods & Beverages
- Andy’s Garage: Authentic Ellsworth, Wisc. Cheese Curds, Corn Dogs, Mini Burgers, Potato Chips, and Fresh Cut Fries
- Eastlake Craft Brewery: NEW Pick-a-Peck Sour Dill Pickle Gose
- Grass Roots Gourmet: Minnesota Grown Honey from Ames Farm, Bare Honey, and Beez Kneez
- Hot Indian: Kentikka Fried Chicken, Butter Chicken Samosas, Sweet Veggie Samosas (Vegan), and Bhel Puri (Vegan)
- InfusedLife Plant Based Eatery:Vegan Walking Tacos
- Jakeeno’s Trattoria:Pizza by the Slice
- Manny’s Tortas:Piña Colada served in a Pineapple, Al Pastor Blue Tacos
- Moroccan Flavors:Lamb Shank, Salad Sampler, and Chicken Tangine
- Pham’s Rice Bowl:Cranberry Cream Cheese Wontons Drizzled with Chocolate
- Produce Exchange: Variations of the Famous Grilled Peaches (Naked, with Yogurt and Pie Crumb, with Herbed Goat Cheese and Honey, or on a platter with both Yogurt and Goat Cheese), NEW Fresh Peaches and Ice Cream (vegan); Sweet Dream Peaches, Fruit and Booch, Booch and Fruit-on-a-Stick, Watermelon-on-a-Stick, World Famous Fruit Totes, and Sweet Martha’s Frozen Cookie Dough
- Safari Express:Sambusa, Camel Burgers, Goat Meat
- Salsa a la Salsa:Corn-on-a-Stick, Chorizo and Nopales (Cactus) Tacos, and House Margaritas
Products and Services
- Dar Medina:Specials on Leather Bags and Blankets
- Herbal Alchemy:Bath and Body Gift Pack, $30 value for $20
- Midtown Custom Souvenir & Gifts:Specials on T-Shirts, Hats and Face Masks
- Sanchez Jewelry:10% off Silver Jewelry and Watch Batteries
On Fridays and Saturdays (Aug. 28 & 29 and September 4 & 5) from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., family-friendly activities such as giveaways and caricature artists will be offered.
Watch MidtownGlobalMarket.org and social media channels for updates.
All guests are required to wear face masks. The City of Minneapolis and State of Minnesota guidelines for size of groups, social distancing, temperature checks, and hand sanitizing will be in place.
Thursday, Aug. 27 through Sunday, Sept. 6 - 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Midtown Global Market - 920 E. Lake Street in Minneapolis
BEST PART.....Free to attend. Food, beverages, products, and services at cost.