Minnesota Dog Dies After Ingesting Meth

A dog has died after ingesting meth that it found in a discarded Subway bag in Chisago County.

According to 5 Eyewitness News, Riley the dog began acting strange on Tuesday, so her family brought her to an emergency vet in Blaine to recover overnight. Unfortunately, Riley didn't survive.

The next morning, owner Bill Frederickson discovered a fast food bag with a hole in it the next morning.

"It just looked like snow in a bag so I didn't think anything of it until my daughter saw the needles," he said.

His 21-year-old daughter, who is a first responder, recognized the substance was meth. The fast food bag also contained needles and a meth pipe.

Chisago County Sheriff Sgt. Kyle Puelston said the "very uncommon" discovery turned out to be about 80 grams of meth with a street value of about $7,800. They believe Riley was attracted to cookie crumbs in the bag and brought it back home.

Sgt. Puelston told 5 Eyewitness News that in the 13 years he's been here, he's never received a call where this amount of meth has been found by a dog.

Read more here.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content