Mollie's Winning Buttery & Sugary North Mallow Crock Pot Sweet Potato Recipe:
5 15oz cans Bruce’s Yams (drained)
1 stick of butter (melted, divided 5oz & 3oz)
1/2 Cup light brown sugar
1/2 Cup heavy cream
Pecan chips to taste
Pumpkin pie spice to taste
2 bags North Mallow vanilla bean marshmallows
- In a crockpot, mash the drained yams. Pour in 5oz melted butter & heavy cream. Mash.
- Pour in brown sugar. Mash.
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice to taste. I honestly don’t know how much I put in there, but it seemed generous. Get ready to taste test it as you sprinkle, mash, sprinkle, mash, etc!
- Sprinkle in pecan chips (however many you think is enough - maybe 1/2 to 1/3 cup?). Stir.
- Bake in crockpot. Depending on your crockpot, you may want to bake on low anyway. My sweet potatoes baked quickly because my crockpot was very hot, even on the 10 hr setting. It only took about 4-5 hours to bake on the 10 hr setting.
- Wait until after potatoes are baked to put marshmallows on top!
- Melt remaining 3oz butter in a mug. Sprinkle more brown sugar in the melted butter. Pour additional pecan chips in there, stir, cover with foil & leave in fridge overnight or while the potatoes are baking.
- Once potatoes are baked, re-melt the butter/sugar/pecans and, with a spoon, spread it on top of potatoes with a spoon.
- About 15-20 minutes before you’re ready to serve the potatoes is when you should place the marshmallows on top, and make sure the crockpot is still plugged in. North Mallow marshmallows melt very easily and don’t take much time to do so. I put them in about 2-3 hours before my coworkers got a chance to try it, so my marshmallows had melted down to a pool of buttery sugar by the time they ate it. If you want to focus on presentation, plan to put them on top at the last minute!
- If you’re using Jetpuff marshmallows, put them in when you normally would. I don’t know when that would be...I don’t usually bake or cook 😂
Hunter's Bourbon Sweet Potato Recipe:
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
Preheat oven to 375˚. Place potatoes on baking sheet; bake at 375˚F for 1 hour or until tender. Cook slightly (about 15 minutes).
Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F. Peel potatoes, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in sugar and remaining ingredients until well blended and smooth. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350˚F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Brent's Bourbon Sweet Potato with Cookie Crumble Recipe:
6 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes
1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Bourbon
1 Teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon curry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes
- Make topping: place butter, brown sugar, sugar, flour and curry in a mixing bowl and blend. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, and lower tempterature to 325. When cool enough to handle, remove skin and mash sweet potatoes. Mix in brown sugar, bourbon and salt, and spread into a 9x13 pan
- Sprinkle with Pecans and bake for 15 minutes. Pour marshmallows on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Spread "cookie crumble" dough on cookie sheet flat. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Crumble over casserole as much as you prefer.