One Minnesota family had a tragic discovery on Wednesday, and their cat is now fighting for life.
According to Bring Me The News, Felix the cat was found in the washing machine after a 35-minute cycle on Wednesday "soaking wet and barely breathing, confused and unable to see, with bruises all over his body."
The Oakdale, Minnesota cat was rushed to a veterinarian where his injuries wee found to be extensive and require a stay in the intensive care unit with support of Oxygen and an IV line. Doctors found fluid in Felix's lungs, possible hypothermia, and blindness that "could be temporary or permanent."
KARE 11 says the cat is alert, responsive, and is even "eating a little."
Felix's family put together a GoFundMe page to help with vet expenses and are using his story as a cautionary tale:
"To those of you with cats, PLEASE always close your washing machine and dryer doors in between washes, and ALWAYS check your washing machine and dryer doors prior to beginning a wash. You can prevent an accident like this from happening."
Read more here.