A woman blamed Sainsbury's cooking instructions after burning her cottage pie by putting it in the microwave for 45 minutes.
Kylie Jarman, 20, from King's Lynn, Norfolk, hit out at Sainsbury's claiming the culinary disaster was caused by the instructions on the packaging not being clear enough.
Ms Jarman had planned to share the £1.39 meal with sister-in-law Sarah McKown.
She took to Facebook after the incident to complain soon after the incident, ranting: 'Don't buy cottage pie from Sainsbury's as this is what happens when you put it in the microwave for 45 minutes.'
Soon afterwards, however, dozens of her friends revealed her mistake to her in the comments.
Gemma Parker wrote: 'I'm no cooking expert but 45 mins in the oven yes, not the microwave.'