A "secret" list reveals 11 nursing homes in Minnesota are among the most troubling in the country.
According to Bring Me The News, the U.S. Senate Committee on Aging released the list identifying nursing homes that are already monitored closely by federal officials, along with hundreds of others that require extra scrutiny.
Among the eleven Minnesota nursing homes listed, Rochester East Health Services and Bayview Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Red Wing are already enrolled in the Special Focus Facility Program (SFF). The SFF monitors nursing homes with more frequent inspections and "progressive enforcement actions" for health and safety violations.
Minnesota nursing homes that require extra scrutiny on the list include the following:
- Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center in Minneapolis
- Moorhead Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Brookview, A Villa Center, in Golden Valley
- The Estates at St. Louis Park LLC
- Southside Care Center in Minneapolis
- The Emeralds at St. Paul LLC
- Havenwood Care Center in Bemidji
- North Ridge Health and Rehab in New Hope
- Walker Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
Read more here.