Education is important to us here in Minnesota! According to a new report that ranked the most educated cities, Minneapolis fared pretty well. The report which was conducted by HeyTutor put in the number and included education, financial and demographic data from the U.S. Census Bureau's 2017 American Community Survey to determine the rank. Minneapolis had an average score of 14.91 years of education and ranked 5th most educated.
Here's the data!
- Share of adults with a bachelor's degree only: 31 percent
- Share of adults with a graduate degree or higher: 20 percent
- Share of degree-holders with a degree in science, tech, engineering or mathematics: 39 percent
- Median income: $42,119
- Median home value: $250,400
- Share of couples in labor force: 64 percent
- Unemployment rate: 4.2 percent
In Minnesota overall, 34.8 percent of people have a bachelor's degree or higher, according to the U.S. Census. Who ranked number one? Cambridge, Massachusetts, home to both Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology took the number one spot. No Surprise there.
What do you think of this data?