One woman from Western Australia recently came across an oddly shaped gold rock in her dryer filter that perplexed her so much she decided to ask a forum of ladies on Facebook about it.
'This was found in our dryer filter... The only thing I can think of is a $2 coin?!? Would a dryer do this to a metal coin? Is that even possible?' She wrote.
'It weighs and feels exactly like a $2 coin that's why I'm convinced it is.'
Later, the woman even visited a jeweller who verified it is 'definitely' a $2 coin but the 'dryer didn't do the damage' - leaving her even more confused.
There were many theories about what the mysterious substance could be - with plenty of people certain a coin couldn't actually melt like that.
'There is no way that that is a $2 coin lovely,' one helpful person said.
There are many theories about what the substance is, and the leading theory is gold foil from a chocolate coin.